Wednesday, August 10, 2022

UFC Community Reacts to Khamzat Chimaev’s Handling of ‘Nate Diaz’ ​​Funeral’

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


UFC star Khamzat Chimaev shared a chilling reaction to the expected matchup with Nate Diaz.

Diaz was apparently put on Ice from the UFC for over a year after his last appearance against Leon Edwards at UFC 263 in June 2021. He had gathered to book a fight with various options brought to the table such as Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson and Chimaev .

He had expressed his desire to fight out his contract and become a free agent. However, the promotion appeared to be against the idea, at least to this day.

ESPN’s Brett Okamoto broke the news that the two men have verbally agreed to fight for September: “Khamzat vs Nate. UFC 279 on September 10 at T-Mobile Arena. main event. Five rounds. Orally agreed, via UFC Chief Business Officer Hunter Campbell. It’s the final fight of Nate Diaz’s current UFC contract.”

Okamoto further added: “Nate Diaz’s rep Zach Rosenfield confirms the date and opponent of Diaz’s next appearance to ESPN. Adds, ‘This is a fight Nate has been asking for since mid-April.'”

Chimaev gave a chilling response via ESPN: “Khamzat Chimaev (@KChimaev) ESPN provided this commentary about the fight. Translated from Swedish by its representative Majdi Shammas. ‘I’m going to handle Nate Diaz’s funeral with the UFC.'”

Chimaev, the No. 3 welterweight division, is a pro-career unbeaten player with ten finishes from his eleven wins. He has had a close fight against Gilbert Burns, his first fight to land on the judges’ scorecards.

Meanwhile, after nearly two decades in the sport, Diaz is entering the final years of his career.

Caposa responded to the announcement: “Wicked and pathetic. This is how they reward 15 years of entertainment. Don’t try so subtly to feed him to the wolves (Borz). Of course Nate is ready to fight the hired idiot. Sincerely hope this miraculously explodes in her face.

UFC welterweight top 5 Belal Muhammad responded: “I hope Nate and Leon both win and ruin everyone’s plans.

Former Bellator and ONE Champion Ben Askren responded: “this could be really ugly.

UFC middleweight Darren Till responded: “what a fight

Former two-time UFC champion BJ Penn responded: “@NateDiaz209 is a real OG

Ben Fowlkes from the co-main event podcast explained: “Dana White a few weeks ago: Nate has won a fight in five years. He should probably box Jake Paul. UFC now: But first, let’s compare him to our hottest welterweight prospect…

MMA Junkie’s Danny Segura shared his reaction: “From a sporting point of view, this fight makes no sense. These two shouldn’t be fighting each other. Dana says that Diaz “only won 1 fight in 5 years”. Then why pit him against an undefeated top title contender?

Diaz has long been in a feud with the UFC. In May, the 37-year-old was so frustrated after meeting the advertisers that he urinated in front of the UFC Performance Institute and posted a photo of it.

In a recent appearance on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Diaz detailed the ongoing disputes, saying he simply wants out of the company to pursue higher-paying opportunities.

The Stockton fan favorite is in the final battle of his current contract with the UFC and has previously spoken out against the company for holding him “hostage”.

UFC President Dana White said he had offered the grey-haired veteran numerous fights over the past year, while Diaz said he had asked about Chimaev, among other things, but nothing concrete came of it.

Diaz is scheduled to face Chimaev at UFC 279 on September 10 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Diaz has long been in a feud with the UFC. In May, the 37-year-old was so frustrated after meeting the advertisers that he urinated in front of the UFC Performance Institute and posted a photo of it.



- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here