The allegations against the French international Benjamin Mendy are getting worse. He has now been charged with six rapes. His club had recently suspended him.
Manchester City’s Benjamin Mendy is charged with two other rapes. He has to appear in court on Wednesday and is charged. The public prosecutor announced. The French international is now charged with rape in six cases and another sexual assault by four plaintiffs. The acts are said to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021.
At the end of August, Mendy first came into the focus of the criminal authorities. He was charged with four cases of rape and one more sexual assault. One of the victims is said to have been a minor. In addition to Mendy, a second man, Louis Saha Matturie, has been charged with two other cases of rape and one case of sexual assault. The men had already stood before Chester Crown Court on September 10th, where they had been told that they would be on trial on January 24th next year. Both were subsequently taken into custody.
Manchester City had Mendy suspended after the allegations. “The matter is the subject of a judicial process, and the club can therefore not provide any further comments until this process is completed,” said City at the time. The full-back moved from AS Monaco to Manchester in 2017 for an estimated 52 million pounds (around 60 million euros).