Saturday, June 25, 2022

Barcelona ‘very hurt’ by striker’s attitude: report

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Barcelona are expected to be very active in the summer transfer window with a multitude of players coming and going at the Camp Nou while Xavi looks to overtake his squad.

Striker Martin Braithwaite is a player likely to leave and has already told manager Xavi he is not in his plans for the future. Braithwaite made just five appearances for Barcelona last season and was deemed redundant.

However, the Denmark international digs his heels in when it comes to leaving Barcelona and has told the club he has no intention of going anywhere and would like to see his contract, which has two years left, like Mundo Deportivo reported.

Barcelona are “very hurt” by Braithwaite’s attitude, especially as they know he won’t play under Xavi. The 31-year-old has been described as the player who ‘reacted the worst’ when told he could leave the Camp Nou.

Oscar Mingueza, Riqui Puig and Samuel Umtiti have also been urged to find new clubs after also struggling for playing time in 2021-22 but are yet to say goodbye to Barcelona.

The Catalan giants have only left Dani Alves and Ferran Jutgla so far, although Luuk de Jong and Adama Traore will also leave at the end of the month when their loan deals expire.

follow that Heavy on the Barcelona Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rHumor and content!

Braithwaite has spoken publicly about his future and made his intentions clear since the end of the 2021-22 campaign. The striker initially told TV2 in the international match with Denmark that he was not considering a move.

“No, I’m not thinking about that. I have two more years in Barcelona ahead of me,” he explained. “But you know, you never know what’s going to happen in football. But I’m very cool with it.”

Braithwaite added that even a loan deal is not attractive for family reasons, as reported by Diario Sport. “I have a family to think about,” he explained. “The children would have to change schools for a year and come back. I don’t see that as an option.”

However, there has been speculation that clubs may be interested in signing Braithwaite. According to Diario Sport, Premier League side Brentford are a “possible target” for the attacker.

Braithwaite isn’t Barcelona’s only problem when it comes to exits ahead of the new season. Back-up goalkeeper Neto also refuses to leave the club and wants to see his deal.

The Brazilian saw a transfer request rejected in January 2021 and was expected to move away to find more regular football. However, according to Diario Sport, the stopper has now informed the club that he plans to end the last year of his contract.

The news will be another blow to Barcelona, ​​who will have to sack unwanted players and cut wage bills. Neto only made three appearances last season and Barca already have a ready replacement in youngster Inaki Pena.

READ NEXT: Barcelona fear Ansu Fati has ‘made a big mistake:’ report

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here