Saturday, June 25, 2022

WWE Legend Triple H ‘back’ for first time since near-fatal heart attack

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Triple H has won 14 world titles as well as several other WWE Championships and has been highly acclaimed by fans for his work leading the NXT brand

Legendary WWE wrestler Triple H appears to be once again leading the company’s NXT brand and performance center – just months after being forced to step down due to a near-fatal heart attack.

According to Post Wrestling’s John Pollock, Triple H – real name Paul Levesque – returned to the PC today to make the announcement to the roster.

Pollock tweeted, “According to multiple sources, Paul Levesque was in Orlando today speaking at the Performance Center.

READ MORE: Stephanie McMahon named interim WWE CEO following Vince McMahon’s alleged misconduct

“From the people I’ve heard from, Levesque said, ‘He’s back.’

“It is not known what that means, but that was the wording that was given to me.”

Triple H’s return comes just days after his wife, Stephanie McMahon, returned to the company to fill the role of interim CEO.

She has also been appointed as the company’s interim chair while it deals with its internal investigation.

Independent directors continue their review of allegations of executive misconduct by former Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

WWE stated that Vince McMahon “voluntarily stepped down from his responsibilities as CEO and chairman of the board pending the completion of the investigation.”

Her return and subsequent new role comes amid allegations that Vince McMahon is accused of a £2.4million non-disclosure agreement stemming from an alleged affair between Vince McMahon and a former WWE employee.

However, the statement also claimed that Mr. McMahon would retain his role in overseeing all of WWE’s creative content – essentially still writing Raw, Smackdown and NXT, with the latter he had recently taken over, according to sources.

Triple H now appears to be reprising his role as head of NXT and the PC, a role he stepped down from due to his heart issues.

NXT was rebranded earlier this year – removing all aspects of the show that Triple H ran.

But he recently told The Atlantic: “(The change) came at a time when I had to go for a while.

“Luckily, Shawn (Michaels) did it with me the whole time, so it was a seamless thing.

“I got out, did what I had to do, but this team killed it.

“They really created a show that you can truly say is the next generation of stars.”

To get more wrestling stories straight to your inbox from the Latest Page News, sign up for one of our free newsletters here.

CONTINUE READING:

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here