Malik Sanchez, 19, filmed himself walking into a restaurant and threatening to detonate a bomb while shouting “Allahu Akbar,” the teenager pleaded guilty to on Friday
A distorted teenage boy pretended to be a suicide bomber before petrifying the guests over dinner, heard a court hear.
The self-proclaimed Incel faces up to five years in prison after pleading guilty earlier this year to terrorizing guests with a bomb threat in a restaurant.
Malik Sanchez, 19, streamed live on YouTube on Valentine’s Day (Feb.14) pretending to be a suicide bomber when he walked to an outdoor dining area at a Flatiron diner in Manhattan, New York City, United States.
In the video, he was speaking behind the camera and saying, “Let’s improve your food.”
As soon as he approached a couple, he repeatedly shouted, “Allahu Akbar!” until the women left the table and ran out of the tent.
“Bomb explosion in two, in two minutes. I’ll take you with me and I’ll kill you all, ”he said.
“I’m killing you all now. And I kill you all for Allah. Damn it, damn it. I will do Allah. I’ll do it … bomb now. “
Then he ran across the street and chuckled and fled from the scene: “Yo, they’re all scattered around. That was fucking five stars.”
Sanchez describes himself as “involuntary celibacy” or “incel,” a mostly online group of people, mostly men, who believe society is wrongly denying them sexual or romantic attention, prosecutors say.
He had previously been arrested for climbing Queensboro Bridge and spraying at least five people with pepper during other livestream stunts.
At a trial in May, Judge Colleen McMahon said, “The first thing I thought was this is a child who needs to see a psychiatrist, this is someone who needs psychological counseling.
“I’ve seen the crime. I saw it because he videotaped it and broadcast it on YouTube and it’s disgusting. It’s youthful, it’s childish, it’s deeply unsettling, but it’s chewable.
For more stories from the Latest Page News, sign up one of our newsletters Here.
“Anyone who thinks what I saw in the video was funny definitely needs psychiatric treatment.”
On Friday (November 12), Damian Williams, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that Sanchez had pleaded guilty to submitting false and misleading information and false reports.
The offense carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.
He is due to be convicted by Judy McMahon in February.