Wednesday, January 26, 2022

No10 apologizes to Palace for ‘parties’ on the eve of Philip’s funeral

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


No10 has apologized to Buckingham Palace after parties were held on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral, but refuses to say whether Boris Johnson knew about it.

The apology is understood to have been made by a Downing Street official over the phone rather than in a conversation with the Prime Minister.

Asked if Mr Johnson was aware of the parties on April 16 last year, his spokesman said: “We have set out that the Prime Minister was not in No 10 on April 16.”

He also refused to say whether the apology to the palace acknowledged that the gatherings were “social events” – which would have been against Covid rules at the time.

“Sue Gray will have to establish the facts as part of her report,” the spokesman said, referring to the senior official whose report is expected to determine whether Mr Johnson can keep his job.

There are no plans for the Prime Minister to make a statement on recent rule-breaking allegations at his Downing Street home, despite Labor ridiculing that he has been “in hiding”.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here