Saturday, November 27, 2021

“Drunk” medic kills patient in ambulance accident and “calls an Uber”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

A paramedic who admitted to being high on drugs and having a beer at work killed a 66-year-old patient in the back seat of his ambulance when he crashed into a ditch in Fairburn, Georgia

A medic who allegedly admitted to being heavily drugged was arrested after crashing his ambulance, tragically killing the patient he was transporting – and trying to escape the scene by hitting an Uber ordered.

Kevin McCorvey, 34, was accused of turning over the non-emergency ambulance he was driving when it got off the road and fell into a ditch.

Wilton Thomasan, a 66-year-old dialysis patient who was unhindered in his back, was killed in the rubble, according to a police report.

Police who participated in the Fairburn, Georgia incident said she and the 34-year-old ambulance driver attempted to resuscitate the patient while they were still in the overturned vehicle, reports the New York Post.

After the 66-year-old patient was pronounced dead, police officers claimed they had to stop McCorvey and another paramedic in the ambulance from taking an Uber from the scene.

Police reportedly noticed an alcohol smell at McCorvey’s allegedly admitting having had a beer while driving the ambulance.

He also confessed to smoking marijuana and using Adderall before the crash, police said.

The paramedic was taken into custody after a sobriety test.

McCorvey has been charged with first degree murder by vehicle, negligent homicide, reckless behavior, DUI, and other traffic offenses.

He remains in jail with no bond.

The other paramedic in the ambulance was not arrested and, according to the police, was allowed to leave the scene.

As early as April, tributes began pouring in for a British medic who was killed when an object hit the windshield of an ambulance as it raced to 911.

Jeremy Daw, also known as Jack, was in the passenger seat of the Mercedes vehicle when the object shot through the windshield at around 8 a.m.

Despite the best efforts of his rescue service colleagues, he died.

Mr. Daw’s colleague who drove the ambulance was injured but was discharged from the hospital after treatment.

The 66-year-old daughter referred to her father as “my hero” on social media.

Suzanne Wilkinson wrote on Facebook: “I am so devastated for you, your mother … and the whole family.

“I hope you are drawing strength and consolation from each other right now.”

Another friend wrote: “I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Your father was a great man, always had time for everyone and had a big heart. A true hero.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from around the world from the Latest Page News, sign up for our newsletter by clicking on. click here.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here