Monday, January 23, 2023

Health Trust takes over GP practices from Co Down

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

The Trust is said to be working with the Ministry to ensure GP coverage for the Priory and Springhill surgeries in Holywood and Bangor.

The new temporary arrangement will come into effect next month.

The practices, which treat around 14,000 patients at both locations, had previously anticipated closure following the resignation of current GP partners.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Health confirmed that patients do not need to take any action after the announcement.

They said: “Patients at the practice can rest assured that their services will continue under the new regime.

“You will receive letters regarding the situation in the coming days.

“Patients who need family doctor services should continue to contact the practice as usual.”

The chief executive of the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust said she understood it was “a very worrying time for patients belonging to the Priory and Springhill GP practices”.

Roisin Coulter continued: “The Trust will continue to work very closely with our GPs and Department of Health colleagues to minimize disruption and ensure continuity of essential GP services to patients.”

Want a quick, expert briefing on the biggest news? Listen to our latest podcasts to find out what you need to know.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here