Wednesday, May 4, 2022

‘MUCH HAS CHANGED’ Paralyzed Britain’s Got Talent star Jonathan Goodman was spotted in a wheelchair for the first time as he shared a picture with fans

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


BRITAIN’S Got Talent star Jonathan Goodwin has shared his first picture in a wheelchair after being left paralyzed during a dangerous stunt.

The 42-year-old nearly died when he fell on his head from 30ft off the ground while rehearsing a daring escapology act.

Despite life-changing injuries, including losing a kidney and having his spinal cord severed, Jonathan remains positive.

Smiling with his dog on his lap, he wrote on Instagram, “6 months ago I went to rehearse something and had this little hairy monkey waiting patiently for me… he only saw his dad again a few weeks ago and when did he do it.” finally, dad had new cool bikes.

“A lot has changed in the last 6 months but love is a constant and I am loved very, very much. I look forward to my next chapters and to being a roll model.”

In the ill-fated escape, Jonathan attempted to extricate himself from a straitjacket while hanging upside down between two cars.

However, the timing was misjudged and the cars were released too soon, resulting in the escape artist – who has performed on both BGT and AGT – being crushed between them as they caught fire, resulting in horrific injuries.

Speaking about the incident, his fiancee, actress Amanda Abbington, 48, revealed: “He fell 30 feet and lost a kidney, fractured both shoulder blades, shattered both legs.

“Third degree burns, broke his spine and severed his spinal cord and almost died. And then he almost died again on the operating table.”

Speaking on the Out To Lunch podcast with Jay Rayner, she added: “He’s paralyzed, he’s in a wheelchair now. Unless there’s some sort of stem cell surgery or that thing Elon Musk designs with the little chip, he’ll be like this forever.”

Despite the life-changing injuries, Amanda explained he’s stayed “positive and upbeat and so strong.”

“His courage and strength is something I just want to strive for,” she said.

“He’s just amazing, honest, like so happy, like a very happy, positive person, just liquid sunshine. He is unbelievable.”

The actress also revealed that the stuntman sent her a voicemail prior to his surgery, explaining that there was a 50 percent chance he wouldn’t make it.

He told her he loved her and thanked her for the last few months of his life with her.

The couple had previously been friends on social media for around 10 years and Amanda followed his content as her son Joe thought his act was “amazing”.

She explained they linked after splitting from fellow Sherlock member Martin Freeman and splitting from another partner – and when Jonathan divorced his wife.

Amanda revealed that at the beginning of their relationship they talked on the phone for hours every day before he flew to Vienna to meet her in person for the first time.

The actress said that Jonathan proposed within half an hour of meeting and the couple plan to wed this summer.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here