Friday, May 6, 2022

How did Lacey Ellen Fletcher die? Paralyzed woman found TAPE RODS on parents’ couch

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Lacey Ellen Fletcher, 36, was found dead on a couch in January, likely as a result of years of abuse at the hands of her parents

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA: Shelia, 64, and Clay Fletcher, 65, found a couch covered from head to toe in urine, liquid feces and bug bites with live bugs and rodent droppings nearby on Monday, April 2, according to the East Feliciana Parish Medical Examiner, Dr. Ewell Dewitt Bickham.

Lacey was spotted by police officers merged with a living room sofa covered in bugs and her own bodily fluid.

Shelia and Clay are charged with second-degree murder. Lacey had locked-in syndrome, a rare neurological condition that causes complete paralysis of voluntary muscles, saving those who control the eyes. Prosecutors claimed police arrived at the ranch-style home in a neighborhood north of Baton Rouge on Jan. 3 to find the grisly sight after Lacey’s parents called 911 because she wasn’t breathing. The parents were supposed to be the girl’s main carers, but Bickham claimed she hadn’t seen a doctor in 20 years. Lacey had locked-in syndrome, a rare neurological condition that causes complete paralysis of voluntary muscles except those that control the eyes.

Who is Jenna Jameson’s fiance Lior Bitton? Porn legend loses the ability to walk

“The scene was disgusting. I’ve seen some terrible things in my life, but nothing like that,” said Bickham, who has been in the medical field since the 1970s. “It’s ruthless, something you make horror movies about,” he said.

He told that he immediately called his investigator, suspecting it was a “possible crime scene”. “The parents were in the kitchen. They had no explanation,” he said.

He ordered her murder and blamed it on medical malpractice. He recorded her time of death as 3:07 a.m. on January 3, 2022, although he believes she may have died at least 24 to 48 hours earlier. According to Sheila Fletcher’s LinkedIn page, she was a civil servant who resigned from the city’s Alderman Council on Jan. 24, three weeks after her daughter’s death. She served four years in government, most recently as mayor pro tem.

Bickham will bring the case before a grand jury on Monday to prosecute the parents for their daughter’s murder. “I probably won’t even have to open my mouth, the pictures will show,” Bickham said. The couple’s attorney, Steven Moore, issued a statement on behalf of his client. “They don’t want to relive the pain of losing a child to the media. You’ve been through a lot of heartache over the years. Anyone who’s lost a child knows what it’s like,” Moore said.

According to District Attorney Sam D’Aquilla, the parents were never sent to jail because they are not considered an escape threat. A 12-member jury will consider charges of manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter or second-degree murder in a private session at the Clinton County Courthouse, he added.

“Involuntary homicide is zero to five years; Manslaughter is zero to 40 years and second degree is life in prison. I’m going to ask for second degrees because they didn’t do what they were supposed to do,” he said. Lacey’s parents were her primary carers, according to D’Aquilla, and she had no assistant. “We do not treat animals or neglect our animals in this way. If you have an animal in this condition, take it to the vet,” he said.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here