Thursday, May 5, 2022

Blac Chyna intends to appeal the Kardashian-Jenner verdict after losing the defamation case

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


The decision was a major victory for the family, who have denied allegations that they pressured network executives and producers to cancel Rob and Chyna.

Blac Chyna’s attorney says her client is hoping to pursue her case against the Kardashian-Jenners after suffering a major legal setback on Monday, May 2. Despite losing her defamation and contract interference charges against Kim and Khloé Kardashian, as well as Kris and Kylie Jenner, the jury ruled that Chyna did not harm Rob Kardashian.

Shortly after the sentencing, attorney Lynne Ciani told the media outside the courthouse: “Two things. First, the jury found that Chyna had not physically abused Rob Kardashian. Second, the jury found that all four defendants had intentionally interfered [Chyna’s] Deals with the E! Network. We will appeal the remainder of the verdict.”

CONTINUE READING

Chyna is suing Kim, Khloé, Kris and Kylie for more than $100 million in lost revenue, potential profits and emotional damage for allegedly plotting to broadcast season two of Rob & Chyna on the E! shortly after the former couple had a significant falling out in December 2016. While the jury concluded that the famous family’s conduct regarding Chyna’s “contractual relationship” with the E! Network, they felt the family’s behavior regarding Chyna’s defamation allegations was not appropriate.

However, after nearly 10 hours of deliberation, the 12-member jury ruled that the Kardashian-Jenners were under no obligation to compensate Chyna for her lost and potential earnings. The decision was a major victory for the family, who have denied allegations that they pressured network executives and producers to cancel Rob and Chyna.

One of the Kardashian-Jenners’ attorneys, Michael Rhodes, claimed he spoke to the family shortly after Monday’s sentencing. “I think the case was very clear. The jury got it. I appreciate your service,” Rhodes told reporters outside the courthouse. “I think the judge did a great job of making sure it was a fair trial. she [the Kardashian-Jenners] were very pleased, very grateful. They were emphatic in their explicit expression of pleasure. I’ve gotten to know them pretty well over the last few years and as you know they’re effusive.”

“Mr. [Rob] Kardashian is very grateful to jury service and glad to have this matter behind him. And he’s looking forward to starting a new chapter and raising his beautiful daughter,” said fellow defender Michelle Carrie Doolin.

Rob, who has a 5-year-old daughter with Chyna, gave an emotional testimony about a December 2016 confrontation in which he said his ex-fiancé put a gun to his head twice, hit him with a metal bar and hit him choked with an iPhone cable. Chyna denied the allegations in her statement, claiming that she and Rob were just joking around. She claimed they were “celebrating” the news that her show had been renewed by the network for a second season.

However, network and production staff stated that details were not finalized and that the network paid Chyna a $100,000 “kill fee” after the show was canceled. While an appeal is possible, another aspect of the case, Chyna’s revenge porn allegation against Rob, which she filed in 2017, has yet to be resolved. The court concluded that the defamation suit should be dealt with first, so no date was set for the revenge porn case.

The jury left the courthouse exhausted and elated after two weeks in court. They kept a low profile about the case and how they thought about it. When the verdict was announced on Monday, the Kardashian-Jenners were in New York City for the 2022 Met Gala.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here