Sunday, January 16, 2022

Virginia Giuffre ‘happy to bring the truth out’ in Prince Andrew sexual assault trial

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Ms Giuffre thanked a New York judge for rejecting the Duke of York’s attempt to dismiss her lawsuit

Prince Andrew’s accuser, Virginia Giuffre, has praised a judge for ruling against the royal family’s attempt to drop her civil sexual assault charges and said she will “continue to bring the truth to light”.

Ms Giuffre wrote on Twitter that she was “pleased” with New York Judge Lewis Kaplan’s ruling, adding, “I’m glad I’ll have the chance to continue uncovering the truth and I’m deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team.” .

“Your determination helps me seek justice for those who have hurt me and so many others. My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law and should be held accountable.

“I am not walking this journey alone, but with countless other survivors of sexual abuse and human trafficking.”

The Duke of York failed in his attempt to settle the case of one of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims out of court, raising the prospect of a civil case against him later this year.

Judge Kaplan dismissed an argument by the Duke’s attorneys that Ms Giuffre’s lawsuit should be dismissed early because of a $500,000 legal settlement she had with Epstein in 2009.

Ms Giuffre’s civil lawsuit alleges she was trafficked by the late pedophile Epstein to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17.

Prince Andrew has vehemently denied the allegations and his legal team argued at the first hearing of the lawsuit that the case was “baseless”.

The Duke faces the prospect of being able to testify about the lurid allegations if the trial takes place in the autumn. Legal experts previously said I that it was “very likely” that he would be forced by a judge to appear in court in person.

Buckingham Palace announced this week that the Duke has been stripped of his royal titles and honorary military roles by the Queen and will no longer call himself HRH.

In a statement released on Thursday, the palace said it would not assume royal duties and would defend its case “as a private citizen”.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here