Thursday, January 20, 2022

Guests evacuated after fire at hotel in Belfast

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Guests have been evacuated from a hotel in Belfast city center after a fire broke out on the 11th floor.

Great Victoria Street, one of the city’s main thoroughfares, was temporarily closed when the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) attended the incident at the Europa Hotel on Friday night.

A NIFRS spokesman said the guests were already being evacuated when they visited the scene.

Firefighters wearing SCBAs battled the blaze, which the spokesman said was believed to be caused by an electrical fault.

The guests later returned to the hotel.

A PSNI spokesman said: “Motorists are being told that Great Victoria Street and Bruce Street in Belfast city center have reopened after the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service cleaned up a fire in the area.”

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here