Thursday, January 20, 2022

Andrew’s prosecutors are seeking testimony from Duke’s former assistant

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


The Duke of York’s prosecutor in his civil sex case is seeking testimony from his former assistant and a woman who claims to have seen the king at the Tramp nightclub.

Virginia Giuffre is asking the UK courts for help in gathering testimony after her case against Andrew took a big step forward this week when a judge denied a motion by the Duke’s lawyers to have the case dismissed, ruling that he should stand trial can be asked.

Ms. Giuffre is seeking testimony from Andrew’s former stable master, Robert Olney, and a woman named Shukri Walker.

Documents filed by Ms Giuffre’s legal team say Mr Olney’s name appears in Jeffrey Epstein’s phone book under “Duke of York”.

They say this means Mr Olney likely has relevant information about Andrew’s travels to and from Epstein’s properties during the relevant time period.

The documents state that Ms Walker stated publicly in the press that she witnessed Andrew’s presence at Tramp during the relevant period with a young woman who may have been Ms Giuffre.

The documents state: “Ms Walker has therefore herself stated that she is a potential witness and therefore would be relevant to this dispute as the plaintiff alleges that the defendant abused her in London after they visited Tramp together while the Defendant denies being at Tramp that night or ever meeting plaintiff.”

The fallout from Andrew’s civil sex case continued on Friday as he was ordered to pay for his own safety and lose his duchy.

Criticism of Andrew mounts after the Queen stripped him of his remaining patronage and honorary military roles as the monarchy distanced itself from potentially harmful developments in his lawsuit from the duke.

The Prince of Wales didn’t respond when asked about the sex scandal that engulfed his brother during a visit to north-east Scotland to meet people who had been helping with the cleanup after Storm Arwen.

Charles was involved in the royal family’s talks with the Queen and Duke of Cambridge which resulted in Andrew losing his military roles and patronage and dropping his HRH style.

But when he arrived at Haddo House and Country Park, the heir to the throne didn’t comment, as a Sky broadcaster said: “Your Royal Highness, may I ask what you think of your brother’s position, Prince Andrew? How do you see that?

Ms. Virginia, who publicly responded to this week’s court ruling that allowed her to take her civil sex case against Andrew to court, tweeted that she had an opportunity to “uncover the truth,” adding, “My goal has always been showing that the rich and powerful are not above the law and must be held accountable.”

She is suing the Duke in the US for allegedly sexually assaulting her as a teenager and alleges that she was trafficked by Andrew’s boyfriend, convicted sex offender Epstein, to have sex with the Duke when she was 17 years old and under US law was underage.

The Duke has vehemently denied the allegations.

Ms Giuffre alleges that Andrew had sex with her against her will at Maxwell’s London home and at Epstein’s mansion on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

The Duke also allegedly molested Ms. Giuffre on another occasion during a visit to Epstein’s private island of Little St. James and on another occasion at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion.

A spokesman for Andrew declined to comment on the newly released legal documents.

A source close to the Duke said: “This is a marathon, not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims.”

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here