Sunday, January 16, 2022

Andrew’s prosecutor is not motivated by “purely financial settlement”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Virginia Giuffre was not interested in a “purely financial settlement” in her lawsuit against Prince Andrew, said her lawyer.

A US court ruled that Ms. Giuffre’s allegations of sexual assault against royalty can be brought to trial in civil proceedings after Andrew’s lawyers tried to dismiss the case.

As with any civil litigation, the possibility of an out-of-court settlement threatens, but Ms. Giuffre’s lawyer said there had been “no suggestion” that such a solution would be discussed by the two parties.

Ms. Giuffre is suing Andrew for accumulation and emotional distress, claiming she was forced to have sex with him at the age of 17 while being traded by Jeffrey Epstein. The Duke denies all allegations.

David Boise, her lawyer, said she was seeking “justification” in the case.

He told BBC News night: “I don’t think that she has a firm opinion at this point and that she couldn’t say exactly what the solution might look like.

“I think it will be important that this decision justifies you and confirms your claim.”

He added, “A purely financial settlement is not something I think of any concern.”

When asked how the case would proceed, he said the pre-trial evidence will begin “fairly soon”.

“We are already in the document exchange phase and this phase will continue for some time.”

A judge ruled that evidence must be completed by July 14th. This requires the testimony of Mrs. Giuffre and Prince Andrew.

Mr Boise has also promised to call other members of the royal family as witnesses, including Meghan Markle, Prince Charles and Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.

The process is scheduled to begin between September and December this year.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here