Sunday, January 16, 2022

Alec Baldwin hands over his cell phone to the Rust shooting investigation

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Text messages, emails, social network communications, browsing activity and other information stored on the actor’s device will be analyzed, authorities said

Actor Alec Baldwin has turned over his cellphone to police investigating a fatal shooting on the film’s set in New Mexico rust.

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene in the western and was pulling a prop gun when cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot and killed last October.

The Sante Fe Sheriff’s Office said the actor directed his phone to authorities in Suffolk County, New York.

A search warrant for his iPhone was issued in December. Earlier this week, police had accused Baldwin of failing to cooperate with the investigation, which he denied.

According to court documents, investigators will now examine text messages, emails, social network communications, browsing activity and other information stored on the actor’s device.

You also view deleted videos, photos and messages on the phone.

Sante Fe Sheriff’s Department spokesman Juan Rios said Friday authorities in Suffolk County, New York, are in the process of downloading relevant data to send to investigators in Santa Fe.

Aaron Dyer, an attorney for Baldwin, said the actor volunteered his phone to authorities.

In a statement, Mr Dyer said: “But this matter is not about his phone and there are no replies on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong.

“The real question that needs to be answered is how live rounds got on set in the first place.”

Last month, the lawyer said the actor was working with authorities, adding they were confident the evidence would show the actor was not responsible for what happened.

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the western set when the prop gun he was drawing was fired. The actor has insisted he “didn’t pull the trigger”.

The film’s director, Joel Souza, was also injured in the incident and was hospitalized but was later released.

A lawsuit against Alec Baldwin alleges the film’s script did not require him to fire a gun when Ms Hutchins was fatally shot.

The lawsuit was filed in November by the film’s scriptwriter, Mamie Mitchell, who called the police after filming began on the film’s set in New Mexico.

Her lawyer, Gloria Allred, described the behavior of Mr Baldwin and the film’s producers as “reckless” and accused them of failing to comply with safety procedures.

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here